CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Well it has been a busy week again. The weekend was very hectic. I went to the swapmeet at Wanneroo Showgrounds on Sunday morning to sell my baby stuff I am not using anymore. It was a great success, but very tiring. I had to get up up 5am as everyone has their stuff set up for 6am! Crazy I know. Even worse when your child has asthma and you are up until 2-30am with him (that was after the clocks had been moved back). Anyway I am going to the Karrinyup swapmeet this Sunday to hopefully off load the rest. Be there if you want a bargain.

I am now looking around my house. As I have been so oooooo busy I have fallen behind in my housework and really don't know where to start! I happened to look up at my pin up board and noticed this poem. Maybe I should just chill......


A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PARENT...

Today I left some dishes dirty
The bed I made at 3-30
The nappies soaked a little longer
The odour grew a bit stronger.
The crumbs I spilt the day before are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall will still be there in the fall.
The dirty streaks on these window panes will still be there the next time it rains.
"Shame on you, old lazy bones," you say
"And just what have you done today?"

I nursed a baby till she slept. I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek. I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song.
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess it's true.
Unless you think that what I've done might be important to someone
With bright eyes and soft hair
If that is true, I've done my share.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is such a nice and true poem, you are never lazy so dont stresssss out because a few things arent done, actually i will be over soon to take photos - I havent seen your house messy yet shell in 9 years !!!

Luv Jen xxx

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing to post this poem Shell as I feel like I can't keep on top of mine either. I had four of my young nieces and nephews stay last weekend and I still haven't caught up!Lucky you reminded me about Sunday as I actually did forget, what time is it again?

Anonymous said...

sorry I missed the workshop, Reece stayed at my sisters on the weekend and we ended up staying there for lunch! Reece was having too much fun with his cousins!