CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Okay a update....



Well, I rang the library (re: last post - I'm mad!). To my amazement it appears that food and drink are not prohibited in the library. Whilst the librarian was very sympathetic and agreed with me (that books, computers, food and drink do not mix), she said it was the ruling of the City of Swan and all their libraries have the same policy. She urged me to come into the library and put the complaint in writing and it would be sumitted to the council. I also sent an email to the council complaining and am waiting for a reply (not for long though). She did say if I wanted to attend "storytime" she ask the mothers at the beginning to try to refrain from giving out food to make it safer for James. Whilst she is trying to do what she can for me in the constraints she has, that jut singles him out from all the other kids AGAIN so I am not sure. I will think it over for a couple of weeks. Meanwhile I am going to contact the child nurse in Ellenbrook to see if we can organise some information sessions (start while they have babies) and will follow up with the school safety committee to try to raise more awareness. Thank you Jen ("Just J") for your support. I know I can count on that always (yes you made me cry).

And now on a lighter note. Shannon has finally lost one of her teeth! The other is hanging in ther and will probably come out in the next week or so. We have had a horror year with her teeth as she had an accident 3 days before xmas last year and knocked her 4 upper teeth loose and fractured her upper plate. So she spent xmas on soft food, painkillers and antibiotics. Also did I mention that she got a kick in the mouth (of course) in the swimming pool on Boxing day which knocked 1 tooth loose again (being a supermum I just pushed it back in - what else can you do at 7-30pm, Boxing night?). That tooth has died and the dentist wants it to stay in as long as possible. These two bottom teeth are loose because she wobbled them (cause I dont have anything to worry about and needed more). She wanted a visit from the tooth fairy! Well as I said the tooth fell out Thursday morning before school, only thing was she had her kindy class photos that morning, so she was hysterical and was demanding that I "stick it back in!". The sobbing went on for about 15mins (even the promise of the T.F. visiting didnt help). Anyway she eventually went to school and I went to work (late) and had the photos done. I will post these when we get them. What a week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I didnt mean to make you cry - Good idea about the health clinic thing!

Isnt she a cutey? even with a gap she is just beautiful xxx
How long is her hair getting now?
Really long even in plaits!
Luv J xxx

SHELLEYS SHOUT said...

Thanks Jen. You are a great friend.

Anonymous said...

I hope all is settled now Shelley, you are a definite supermum!
Pics look absolutely gorgeous. Have a great weekend, I shall see you Wednesday.
Love Char xx