CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today is a better day...






Well the last few days have been a bit better with child No 1's behaviour. Yes Jen I know she is only 5, but I am sure she has been possessed by a 13 year old over the last few days. She even has the eyeroll and the 'look' perfected. Isn't she gifted? It has given me an insight into what it will be like in 8 yrs time. I even, god forbid, channelled my mum over the weekend due to her behaviour. Crime- Slamming door. Time- 9pm. Time child put to bed - 7-30pm. Times child had been told to get back into bed - 12580-00 (give or take a few). She had been told to get back into bed for the 12581 time and she slammed the door -hard. Well I couldn't let that go so I stomped down the hallway (loudly - to inject more fear) and opened up her door and said the forbidden words-"IF ANYONE SLAMS A DOOR IN THIS HOUSE IT WILL BE ME!!" Well that was enough to send me over the edge. I quickly grabbed a scotch and coke, a huge piece of chocolate and went and sat under the bed covers-horrified. Another scotch and coke later and I was beginning to get over it. The chocolate helped too.

Anyway, moving right along, Sunday was much better. We went to Whiteman Park playground with the kids. Why do they have to put BLACK sand in the playgrounds? Is it to drive us crazy? Is there a shortage of white sand in Australia? Was it once white and all the children have made it black with their playing? Now I am just making excuses because obviously this playground was designed by a man who does not have to wash kids and clothes after playing. Anyway getting back...... The kids had a great time and tired themselves out running from play thing to play thing. Then we sat on the grass with our fruit (no icecreams because of behaviour night before - see I am a really mean mum) and listened to the brass band. It was a group of kids over from a school in Singapore on tour and they were really good. The kids danced and practised their cartwheels (as brass band music is inclined to make you do) for another hour or so. Then we packed up and went home. Both kids fell asleep and I managed to get some ironing done. That was until the iron caught on fire, but that is a story for another day!

A few photos of my angels (even the possessed one)

1 comments:

Jen said...

That "look"and the"ëye roll"PRICELESS !!! Do you think maybe she seen you do it LOL !

Thats not like you Shell to loose control like that so she must have really really been really really naughty - Yep in 8 years time dont worry she wont talk to you, just grunt and mumble, and that look will be perfected to say "what the hell do you know???" and "who do you think you are talking to Me"

I was laughing about the white sand, your funny! - BUT YES ALL playgrounds are designed by men!
The photos are georgous xxx
Have anothe Scotch luvy and I will see ya on Friday night - Luv Ya Lots

J xxxxx