CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day.





Had a great day today. I was totally spolit. I got a sleep-in and a shower by myself (no interuptions by kids asking where anything was or quickly throwing clothes off and jumping in too), a cup of tea and presents. Shannon drew a picture of the two of us shopping and framed it in pop sticks, James gave me a handprint in the shape of a butterfly and I got a great big box of chocolates. We went to Kings Park for the day with my family and my brother-in-laws family (my sisters husband). I was a bit dubious of the weather, but it turned out to be a nice day. We walked through the gardens and up to the war memorials. We also walked to Jacobs Ladder as a few people in the group had never been there and wanted to see it. I on the other hand new exactly where it was. I used to pound up and down these steps four times a week at 6am prior to work. All 221 of them! Was I mad? Yes! Was I fitter then? Yes! I must admit the 'eye candy' (firemen) was a great incentive as they ran up and down the stairs every morning. I don't think I could make it even half way up now.

A friend sent me this txt this morning. Thought I would share it with you.
A Mum is gods love in action. She looks with her heart and feels with her eyes. A mum is the bank where children deposit all their worries and hurt. A mum is the cement that holds her family together and her love lasts a lifetime. Send this to a good mum. I just did. Isn't that nice? Hope you like the txt too Just J.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I Loved the txt you sent me, thank you.

Looks like you had a great day, Just looking at Jacob ladder in the photos makes my heart pulpatate!!! Let alone walking up them - and you used to RUN up them - OMG !!!!!

You deserved to be spoilt yesterday as well xxxxxxx

See ya soon

Luv Just J

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day, yes I remember pounding up and down Jacobs Ladder as well. I used to live in a unit at the top of them so used to run, bike, walk around the foreshore as well. Now I just walk to school and back! Lol
See you at the next crop!
Love Char xx